Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our Retail Sales team in Melbourne. Your job will be to directly nurture and activate leads generated by our Sales Development Representatives and marketing campaigns as well as self-generated leads, while maintaining and exceeding monthly revenue targets. You will also be in charge of offering advanced retail consultations to larger and more complex prospective clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Have discovery conversations with potential prospects in order to properly position Vend by Lightspeed's as their retail solution
- Uncover and document key requirements from all key stakeholders in the Customer’s organisation
- Conduct in-depth product demos with your prospects and provide solutions based on their requirements
- Carry out contract negotiations, ensuring that all terms of our engagement with larger customers are clear
- Manage multiple sales cycles from initial conversations to activation
- Leverage other lead opportunities when time permits to support your pipeline
- Drive processes improvements to better connect with our enterprise customers
And a little bit of....
- Work on other sales/marketing campaigns designed to improve the customer experience as well as grow Vend by Lightspeed MRR in the process.
- Contributing as part of the wider team to achieve organisational objectives even if this means doing things that aren’t strictly within the scope of your role.
What you need to bring:
You will be stepping into a growing team that has a passion for helping independent retailers thrive. We operate in the APAC market and we build solutions for retailers who are looking to adopt Vend by Lightspeed for their business.
We're looking for a candidate who has experience with the following:
- Relevant work experience in an end-to-end selling environment, ideally in a B2B software industry
- Experience in an outbound sales environment
- Ability to conduct sales processes through discovery, quoting and closing
- Understanding of Salesforce (or similar CRM) and/or marketing automation software
- A retail background would be ideal, but we’ll settle for lots of passion and enthusiasm for the industry
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a genuine impact.
Plus, we have a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Awesome office space located in Southbank, VIC
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!