Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Accounting Technician. Reporting to the Controller, the ideal candidate is self- motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, and is extremely attentive to detail. The working environment is dynamic, and daily tasks include a variety of accounting duties. If you’re interested in the opportunity to expand your skills by working with the Finance team of a growing technology company, this may be the position for you.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Bank reconciliations for all Lightspeed entities:
- Prepare daily bank reconciliations for multiple accounts
- Work with accountants in order to ensure adequate cash balances
- Reconcile payments received by various processors, and our internal systems and bank accounts
- Accounts receivable reconciliations
- Participate in the improvement of existing accounting processes and internal controls
- Assist in the preparation of documentation for the various audits
- Assist accounting team to meet deadlines and organize day to day activities
- 2 years of experience in a similar position
- DEC in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Adept at handling sensitive documents
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in any accounting system
- Fluency in French
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!