Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the hunt for a full-time Accounts Receivable Specialist. The primary role for this position is to maintain our customer relationships while managing our accounts receivables.
Don’t mistake us for a typical corporation. We are not looking for just a team member, we’re searching for someone to enrich our family. We will believe in you and give you creative freedom to allow you to do the best work of your life. Sounds familiar? Perfect! We’ve got what it takes to keep you feeling challenged and empowered.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you:
Reporting to the Regional Accounting Manager, the ideal person to join us is self-motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, and is extremely attentive to detail. The working environment is dynamic, and daily tasks include a variety of accounting duties.
If you want to do the best work of your life while being surrounded by talented colleagues, we think we should talk.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed’s recently completed $167 million financing round has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
What are you going to do?
- Manage the collection of overdue accounts receivables for the BeNeLux region - #impact
- Reminder customers by phone and email of their outstanding amounts - #communication
- Arrange and follow up on payment agreements with customers - #client management
- When required, hand over accounts to debt collection agency and maintain contact on progress - #follow up
- Report progress on overdue accounts - #updates
What do we think is important to succeed?
- Excellent written and spoken Dutch and English; German would be a strong advantage.
- 1 - 2 years experience in a similar position
- Minimal Secondary Vocational Education (MBO) degree, or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
And when you’re not working?
In addition to the perks you can see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A challenging, fast-paced and great working environment with enthusiastic colleagues;
- Brand new office at the Herengracht, perfect location, just a 10min walk from the central station!
- Even if we became bigger everyone has an impact on the company as a whole
- We encourage initiatives and thoughts
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Fun activities with your teammates - Be part of the Lightspeed Family!
- Work with highly skilled people
- Frequent teambuilding and exciting parties, we are in the hospitality business after all
Now your turn:
- Be part of a rapidly growing, market-competitive company where collecting money was never such fun and impact. We do the best work of our lives. And you?