Lightspeed is looking for full-time Python developer to join our Ottawa-based Development team. As key members of the team, Python developers are responsible for the design and implementation of Lightspeed Server - the core component of Lightspeed’s product portfolio. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background, and will use test-driven development, strong software design skills, and a passion for technology to solve real-world business problems for customers around the globe.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You have a strong technical background matched by a passion server technologies. You slay at problem-solving. You’re game with collaborating to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe. Your friends come to you with all their software woes.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and newly acquired eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed is backed by Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), and Investissement Québec (IQ). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Translate agile requirements into conceptual and detailed designs
- Provide estimates for development effort
- Implement proof of concept, prototypes, and fully-tested production-grade software
- Design and implement unit tests
- Assist QA and Support staff in troubleshooting software issues as well as implement bug fixes
- Lead small groups of developers on feature-driven projects
- 4+ years experience developing production-grade software, with preference given to candidates with previous Python exposure
- Proven track record of taking an existing commercial code base and becoming a technical leader
- Understanding of object oriented design, functional programming, and refactoring
- Ability to learn new technologies or paradigms
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- A keen interest in API design
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Demonstrated experience using test-driven development
- Previous experience with Web technologies and Objective-C development
- Fluency in French
And when you’re not programming?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Flexible working hours - No punch in no punch out!
- Even if we became bigger everyone has an impact on the company as a whole
- We encourage initiatives and leadership
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Birthday treats every month
- Fun activities with your teammates - Be part of the Lightspeed Family!
- Work with highly skilled people