Lightspeed is seeking a customer service oriented individual to provide full-time technical assistance for our popular Point of Sale software. The front-line representative for customers needing assistance, this position is for an experienced computer user with a background in customer service in a technical support role. The ideal candidate has excellent verbal and written communication skills, is familiar with Mac OS X and basic networking, and has a passion for creating great customer experiences.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Provide excellent technical support and customer service to our customers over the phone and via e-mail support tickets
- Use consistent troubleshooting techniques to quickly and efficiently identify the source of customer issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution
- Properly document and track customer issues and resolutions
- Follow escalation procedures as required
- Liaise with team leaders to best handle day to day situations to better customer experiences
- Handle miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- 1-2 years of customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French
- Ability to handle multiple incoming telephone calls
- Effective telephone communication skills, with the ability to conveying a customer-focused attitude
- Proven experience in managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Very strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter who also works well in a team environment
- Computer hardware and networking experience
- Experience working with HTML and CSS
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Mac OS X
- Restaurant experience
- Problem solving experience
- Verbal and written communication skills in Spanish
And what about the work environment?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Brand new office in a castle, one of the best development centres in Montreal
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Birthday treats every month - 400 people in Montreal, that’s a lot of cakes!
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family
- Work with highly skilled people
- A direct strategic influence on the future of retail!