Reporting to the Global Procurement Manager, you will be strategic, methodic and experienced in sourcing/procurement, responsible for ensuring the compliance of procurement processes while integrating the different department stakeholders into the process itself.
The position works within the parameters of established policies and processes, and within your team you are responsible for working together to manage purchasing workloads (tickets & requests), prioritize activities, troubleshoot, escalate and expedite projects and deliverables.
In addition, you will be a key element to the business by supporting any operational requests and to facilitate the resolution of any vendor related issues, including Accounts Payable & Partnerships.
What you’ll be responsible for
- To manage and lead status quo renewals, while working closely with the business owner and legal, upon proper due diligence of validation of the need within the company.
- To work closely with the Finance department in updating the status of expenditure by vendor, based on any observed changes spanning from growth, consumption, negotiations, etc.
- To formulate business strategies and to deliver cost savings based on the designated targets.
- To manage, monitor and update the Procurement Tickets based on the existing process.
- Support Operational needs (day-to-day) and to document them within the pertinent systems.
- To create, manage and update a Lightspeed Centralized Renewal Calendar as part of the Procurement Dashboard. This Calendar is to be modular to account for growth as more company acquisitions take place.
- To maintain and update the Procurement Dashboard and the procurement section of other department dashboards (i.e.: IT, Finances, etc).
- To seek and document approvals as per the procurement process, in order to ensure corporate compliance for auditing purposes. This includes:
- Business case & contract summaries.
- IT, Security & IS checklist approvals.
- Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Order support.
- To propose continuous improvement and constructive feedback.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 2+ years direct experience in IT Procurement
- Ability to handle functions related to procurement in a fast paced, highly performant environment: Vendor management, RFI/Q/P, benchmarking, multi-scenario business cases.
- Proven experience leading and managing governances and KPIs.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills in French and English.
- Business oriented, highly analytical spirit, sense of initiative and strong team player.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel.
- Experience in IT Procurement, licenses optimization and knowledge about the key vendors in the industry.
Even better if you have, but not necessary (optional)
- Post-Graduate in Supply Chain or Business, or equivalent experience in Procurement within multinational companies.
- Project Management Experience / Dashboard and reporting.
What’s in it for you
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!