As a key member of Lightspeed’s dynamic in-house Marketing Content team, you'll be the go-to expert on content performance, supporting initiatives that expand our reach into new and existing markets. Reporting to the heads of performance and content, you’ll be the driving force behind traffic and lead generation strategies on our blog and resource pages, overseeing global reporting and empowering the content team to exceed their targets. You’ll create content for multiple channels, from email to social media. Your work will have a direct impact on helping the company meet our ambitious growth goals, positioning Lightspeed as the leading omnichannel commerce platform for the retail, hospitality and golf industries.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Contributing to global content KPIs and overseeing reporting and performance
- Optimizing content on our blog and website, driving traffic and conversions
- Writing, testing and iterating on lead generation campaigns and initiatives
- Delivering highly polished, creative and impactful copy that supports acquisition goals
- Championing SEO and conversion best practices and supporting the global team through keyword research, coaching and feedback
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of our key products, customers and business types
- Staying up to date on digital marketing and SEO news and trends
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 4+ years of experience in a fast-paced SAAS or B2B marketing environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Wordpress, Google Analytics, SEMRush, ahrefs or similar tools
- Advanced analytics and SEO knowledge
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, with the ability to set and report on success metrics, analyze data and recommend improvements
- In-depth knowledge of content marketing and industry trends
- Excellent people skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, from sales to product to support
- Strong empathy for merchants and a passion for creating content that connects
- Outstanding editing and project management skills with a crazy attention to detail
- A resourceful, innovative and data-driven mindset with a bias to action
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience and contacts in the retail, hospitality or tech industry
- Experience managing an editorial calendar
- Experience managing junior team members and/or freelancers
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!