Lightspeed is looking to hire a Creative Director to lead our global team. You will craft large-scale and complex design and content systems, drive and oversee all creative projects, from conception, to execution onto performance. If you are a creative with experience leading a large team, a solid grasp on UI / UX, the ability to craft eye-catching, awe-inspiring (award-winning) design, with deep consideration of use-ability, user experience and importance of performance, then you are at the right place!
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will be the keeper of our brand who will be responsible for setting and managing the vision, concepts and strategy. You will be responsible for motivating a team of designers and copywriters to consistently deliver strategically sound, high-quality work. In addition, you will be responsible for keeping up with the products that the company is producing to ensure they are marketing them efficiently.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. We empower more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed’s recently completed $167 million financing round has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Assume ownership for existing brand guidelines and continue to build on existing foundations while envisioning its future
- Establish a concrete plan on how the brand can be carried through to execution across multiple communication channels, such as the website, advertisements, emails, events, trade shows, experiential marketing etc.
- Ensure consistent experience for all audiences across all Marketing channels and all touch points
Performance and Data
- Use data and advanced analytics to understand the performance of the creatives
- Set creative guidelines by asset type and on a conversion basis
- Ensure content and design team structure adheres to best practices, ensuring maximum efficiency via workflows, tools, and systems
- Be an excellent communicator and collaborator across and upward within the organisation
- Work closely with Go To Market and product teams; keep up with product and company updates to ensure that they are being marketed efficiently
- Have a deep familiarity with creative copywriting, content strategy and structure of editorial content
- Demonstrated expertise in digital marketing and design, including interaction and user-centred experience design, with an interest in new platforms and technologies
- Lead and manage a talented and high-performing team
- Be proactive with a positive attitude, the willingness to get your hands dirty, and a proven ability to inspire your team to produce compelling creatives
- Be highly skilled at articulating the strategic rationale behind creative ideas, especially to non-creative audiences
- 8+ years of relevant experience in graphic design for print, electronic and mobile
- Strong portfolio of multi-channel creative campaigns that demonstrate strategic design expertise across both digital and print
- 8+ years acting as a creative lead, providing both art and creative direction to designers
- Experience managing copywriter(s) and reviewing/developing thought-leadership editorial as well as advertising copy
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced, matrixed and collaborative team environment
- Proficient in current best practices and methodologies for graphics design, user experience design and visual communications
- Experience in high-level project management and managing high-performing creative teams through the end-to-end creative process
- Experience managing remote employees and building a connected and inspired team is considered an asset
- Passion for technology, experience working in a SaaS/B2B company preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Familiarity with current web technologies, CMS platforms and modular web design