Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Are you a guru when it comes to data? Can you understand, dissect, reassemble, and transform data into meaningful and robust information? Can you translate business imperatives into high-quality models and pipelines? Are you attracted to the latest tech stacks? If so, you can help Lightspeed (a fast-growing Canadian company) accelerate its transformation and M&A execution. We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our Information Systems team in Canada.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Analyzing data in current systems; building, testing, and deploying data transformations and data cleansing.
- Supporting architectural principles and NFRs; build data transformations that are simple, scalable, traceable, reusable, reliable, secure (PII), and ensure data quality.
- Knowledge of good design and coding practices & patterns
- Build CI/CD pipelines including automated testing and deployment.
- Influencing decision regarding data tools, technology, approaches
- Translating business problems into concrete data analyses, models, migration scope, sequence, requirements.
- Creating artifacts like data mapping, lineage, dependency and data inventory; contributing to data dictionary and catalogue.
- Contributing to data security, classification, and compliance (SOX, GDPR…)
- Collaborating with Project Managers to plan, identify risk factors and regularly communicate progress.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to learn new systems fast.
- Ability to communicate, debate, and resolve complex issues
- Expertise in SQL and Python, as well as tools to build migration pipelines.
- Expertise in SDLC, agile and devops; experience with source control (Git), CI/CD (Kubernetes, Docker), cloud data platforms (BigQuery, GCP), and data orchestrator (AirFlow, Cloud Composer)
- Experience in data analysis, mapping, and profiling
- Experience in data models of leading Lead-to-Cash systems like Salesforce, Netsuite, Hubspot, Zuora, Workday etc
- Experience with integration solutions like Mulesoft, event driven integration
- Ability to apply data governance principles (Lineage, Quality, Metadata)
- Background in participating in successful, complex data projects, including migrations, in the context of M&A and Digital Transformation
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set in data and technology, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
- Join a recently created data team and help us move to the next level
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Constant development of both your data skill-set and business acumen with limitless growth opportunities
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- RRSP Contribution
- $500 Health & Wellness Credit
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental Health Online Platform, and counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning License
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!