Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Data Migration Specialist to join our Information System team in Product and Technology. As an IS Data Migration Specialist, you will be responsible for preserving and improving the integrity and quality of Lightspeed’s information systems data in the context of system migrations and integrations.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Collecting, organizing, and analyzing data from various systems
- Apply relational database and data management skills to migrate data between information systems (CRM, Billing, ERP), using best practices, tools & methodology Oversee extract, data review, mapping, cleansing and construction activities; ensuring uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness
- Perform data validation tests before and after migration of data to improve data quality and know what unavoidable issues to anticipate
- Interpret customers’ functional and information needs and turn them into functional or data requirements, process models, etc.
- Develop and perform standard queries to ensure data quality, identify data inconsistencies, and missing data then resolve as needed
- Collect, profile, collate, and map appropriate data for usage in new or existing solutions as well as for ongoing data analysis activities
- Interact with internal staff & clients to complete data migration tasks.
- Fine tune and refine existing data import processes and establish new ones
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the interrelationships of data and multiple data domains
- Create and maintain thorough documentation artifacts
- Identify and document data migration paths and processes
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 3+ years’ experience supporting data migrations and/or data operations
- BA/BS (computer science or related field)
- Exposure and/or hands-on experience in Programming skills with scripts/programming languages to be able to perform complex data migration tasks
- Good practical understanding of the ETL process
- Advanced Excel skills (formulas and macros)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Detail oriented and excellent time and project management skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently under general direction
What's in It for You?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!