Lightspeed is growing quickly on a global scale and we’re looking for a great colleague who is also a passionate Data Solutions Architect to join our Corporate Data Team.
We are currently looking for an experienced Data Solutions Architect who will collaborate with key data stakeholders within the organization and provide the architectural guidance to support the Corporate Data team at Lightspeed. All while bringing your forward thinking on cloud-based data solutions that need to achieve high scalability, be secure and cost efficient.
You are an experienced Data Solutions Architect for whom implementing complex data solutions in a multi-cloud environment is second nature. If you are proficient in Data Solutions & Data Management capabilities, a great collaborator and love working in a fast-paced environment, we have an opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of complex data solutions
- Perform analysis on existing architecture, data models, pipeline, processes, etc., and will share experience and provide recommendations and action plans to improve them
- Develop conceptual, logical, and physical data models to support data analysis and business intelligence
- Define and manage standards, guidelines, and processes to ensure data quality
- Oversee end-to-end data life cycle management activities
- Collaborate with IT teams, business analysts, and data analytics teams to understand data consumers’ needs and develop solutions
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies for data management, storage, and analytics
- Ensure standards and security compliance
- Provide timely assistance and remediation solutions during critical situations and production incidents to help resolve service problems (you can be part of an on-call rotation)
- Document technical risks, architecture diagrams, and architectural decisions; ensure quality of deliverables related to data
- Collaborate with architects, product managers, developers, throughout the SDLC.
- Ensure technical considerations are communicated, and implementation conforms with design, long-term objectives, and enterprise data architecture
- Contribute to enterprise data architecture through standards, practices, templates, etc.
- Coach and mentor analysts and developers
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Expertise in data architecture, data lakes, analytics, and big data
- Extensive experience in Cloud Data Warehousing (methodologies like Kimball, DataVault), platforms like BigQuery/RedShift/Snowflake, NoSQL databases, and building data pipelines to handle both batch and streaming data
- Experience with relational and dimensional modeling techniques
- Experience developing reference architecture, principles and standards
- Good knowledge of data management, data integration, and database development techniques
- Ability to relate architectural decisions and recommendations to business needs
- Ability to apply Data Governance principles while building data assets and processes
- Deep understanding of the ETL/ELT process
- Expertise and proven experience with cloud providers such as Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services
- Highly adaptable with the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently
- Customer-oriented and shows a bias for action
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and work with diverse projects teams
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Google Cloud Certification in the following would be an asset: Professional Cloud Architect, Professional Data Engineer, and/or Professional Machine Learning Engineer
This role is for you if you are:
- A leader able to influence others in the right direction
- A natural complex problem solver
- A mentor, teacher and educator who can inspire peers
- Someone with impeccable communication skills
- Someone who leads by example
- Someone who can deal with ambiguity, high pressure and evolving challenges
- A life-long learner and great listener
- Someone who genuinely loves technology
- Someone who has the ability to stay positive and motivated while under pressure
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set in data and technology, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed team, a true Canadian tech success story
- Join a recently created data team and help us move to the next level
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Constant development of both your data skill-set and business acumen with limitless growth opportunities
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!