Lightspeed is currently seeking a Director of Product Management to help grow, inspire, and lead our Montreal-based Payments team. Reporting to the VP of Product Management, this key role is responsible for strengthening Lightspeed’s product vision and position as a payments provider. From maturing our current product offerings to developing innovative new products and ideas based on industry experience and market feedback, the Director of Product Management will collaborate with all Lightspeed teams to provide the amazing products to our customers. We’re looking for a high-energy executor with a natural sense of curiosity and a unique blend of business and technical savvy. We want a team player with big-picture vision and the drive (and guts) to make that vision a reality.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Design, implement, manage and measure Lightspeed’s product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities (you must love doing just as much as you love planning)
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and the competitors/markets via product metrics, usability studies, research and market analysis, and killer instincts
- Perform consumer needs analysis, market sizing and segmentation, and competitive analysis to help us identify the features that will address key consumer opportunities
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going conversations with customers, non-customers, and channel partners - leave no stone unturned!
- Manage and inspire your team as they work to transform business requirements into detailed product requirements through product definition and design
- Partner with our Development team throughout the creative, build, and testing phases to ensure high quality, on time releases that balance both customer and business needs
- Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Know Lightspeed inside out and backwards - assist other business functions with press briefing, industry talks, white papers, product collateral and demos, product pricing, and customer issues
- Be a key member of the Agile development process, including roadmap and release planning, launching the product, and product expertise
- Be the company expert on our competition
- 7+ years of experience in a Product Manager role in the software industry
- Experience in FinTech
- Experience with payment processors
- Crazy organizational and planning skills
- Vision, drive, and passion for making incredible products and a high tolerance for making bold decisions
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and influence team members at all levels and across business functions Strong visual design and user experience sensibilities
- Perfect written and spoken English and French
- High tolerance for fun, fast-paced working environments filled with smart and crazy people
And when you’re not working on customers’ needs?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!