At Lightspeed, we are building technology that enables our people to develop intelligent merchant services. Furthermore, we apply our advanced data analytics, artificial intelligence knowledge, and experience in combination with our business development skills to interact with stakeholders and identify new problems and opportunities, develop innovative propositions, contribute to intellectual property, and build\pilot first-of-a-kind demonstrators. You, as the Director of Research, will lead the function that will identify Lightspeed’s intellectual capital and drive forward our ideation lab.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Translate strategic innovations into compelling technology propositions taking into account, e.g., organizational readiness levels, consumer insights, and market acceptance.
- Draft and maintain Lightspeed’s new technology roadmap
- Play an influential global role providing strategic and technical leadership for new concepts, business propositions, applications, and services.
- Ensure that internal stakeholders have timely and relevant information about trends and solutions that are emerging within our industry.
- Set up documentation and reporting around hypothesis\research tracks.
- Frame the research agenda and developing data collection and outcome measurement strategies. Apply advanced scientific and formulation knowledge to new products and oversee formulary approvals throughout development.
- Guide hands-on development of blue sky innovation projects.
- Participate in finding top talent for the organization.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading innovation projects in a global environment
- A minimum of 8 years of experience managing product development
- A minimum of 12 years of experience working in a fast-paced development environment
- Knowledgeable and experienced with data engineering
- Interpersonal skills, necessary to deal effectively with a variety of employee and partners.
- Demonstrates written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate research findings.
- Strong Mathematics background
- Solid experience in the technology development cycle
- Self-sufficient and able to work independently
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams
- Ability to provide guidance, mentoring and context to team members
- Experience with IoT
- Augmented Reality
- Distributed Ledger
- Electrical Engineering
And when you’re not programming?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Brand new office in a castle, one of the best development centres in Montreal
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Birthday treats every month - 400 people in Montreal, that’s a lot of cakes!
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family
- Work with highly skilled people
- A direct strategic influence on the future of retail!