Director of Software Development, Golf
Lightspeed Golf is an all-in-one golf course management solution and the fastest growing SAAS product in the golf industry right now. Golf is also Lightspeed’s fastest growing product, with 100% YOY revenue growth, and now we’re looking for a Director of Development to help us scale and take our product to the next level!
In this new Director of Development role, you will lead, mentor, and grow a high-performing software development team and cultivate an inclusive environment that inspires the team to do their best work. Under your guidance and close partnership with the larger Golf Product unit, you will help align the team with the mission, processes, and technology to continue building world-class software that’s helping our customers grow.
If you are a passionate technology leader with successful experience leading and motivating startup teams to scale, this role might be a perfect fit for you! We offer an entrepreneurial startup-like environment, backed by the firepower of Lightspeed, where you’ll play a key role in the success of the team and the product.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborate with product unit leadership to establish how the team will deliver on the mission and vision of the product
- Work closely with the team to develop the technology vision, identify critical success factors, and set short and long term priorities
- Drive alignment and communicate expectations, priorities, release status and project schedules between team members, stakeholders, and product unit leaders
- Lead, inspire, and motivate a team of talented software developers to deliver on plan as we take our product to the next level
- Coach and mentor software development managers and team leads to be effective leaders
- Continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices to maximize the team’s success and ability to deliver
- Recruit, retain, and grow a diverse software development team and cultivate an inclusive environment to enable the team to do their best work
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- You are an inspiring people and technology leader with successful experience scaling SaaS startups/organizations
- You bring a track record leading, managing and growing high-performing software development teams, including strong experience managing software development managers and team leads
- Your background includes extensive hands-on software development experience building reliable, highly-available, and scalable SaaS software
- You are a strategic thinker and experienced at building alignment between other senior leaders/stakeholders and the rest of the team
- You are results-driven and have cultivated engineering cultures focused on innovation, collaboration, and growth
- You bring exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- You have a passion for creating diverse and inclusive environments and bring experience improving diversity, equity and/or inclusion in your current or past roles
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with Payment processing, Point of Sale (POS) and/or eCommerce
- Passion for playing Golf
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!