Lightspeed is seeking an individual with strong customer service skills and technical knowledge to provide technical support for our Point of Sale & eCommerce products. The successful candidate has excellent verbal and written communication skills, works well both independently and as a member of a team, is great at solving problems, and has a keen eye for detail.
As Lightspeed’s Technical Support Specialists, we focus on delivering outstanding customer service when our customers need it the most. We help them successfully run their businesses by teaching them how to use our products, resolving their technical issues, and providing them with helpful resources. We are the voice of our users within the company, and we work closely with other departments to improve the experience of existing and future customers.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place thanks to Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver outstanding customer service that is courteous, accurate, and timely
- Manage and prioritize incoming customer inquiries
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues over the phone, email, and other channels
- Document and track customer issues and resolutions
- Collaborate with peers and other departments on specific user-impacting issues
- Collaborate in the creation and maintenance of the internal knowledge base
- Work on special projects as required
What we are looking for:
- Customer service experience, ideally in a technical support role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French
- Passionate about helping people
- The ability to empathize with the needs and technical acuity of each customer
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude
- Self-starter who also works well in a team environment
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Open availability; able to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to understand HTML and CSS, and make small edits
- Experience using Mac OS X
- Retail experience
- Experience setting up, configuring, or managing eCommerce sites
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Spanish, Dutch, or German
And the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!