Lightspeed is looking for an Employee Development Coordinator to join our super Human Resources Team. From scheduling training sessions to building up the leadership program, the Employee Development Coordinator plays a key role in every employee's experience at Lightspeed. If you are a highly organized person with a passion for training and coordination who loves working with people, then this just might be your dream job.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You have a strong passion for people coupled with a love of process and a can-do attitude. You are well versed in the unique challenges that come with a fast-growing organization and are ready to roll up your sleeves to maximize support for your team members. If you are a rocking HR enthusiast and you know it, we’d love to hear from you!
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Plays a key role in building and facilitating the ongoing leadership program.
- Manages scheduling and ongoing registrations, coordinates sessions and follow-ups.
- Facilitates and coordinates the implementation of training programs (in-class, job shadowing, e-learning/virtual, etc.) to support employee growth within career pathways.
- Tracks all applicable training sessions for compliance with Quebec's 1% law.
- Plays a role in ensuring the first 30-days of employee onboarding is successful.
- Coordinates the training schedule and creates a support network for new hires.
- Ensures check-ins at regular intervals are happening for all stakeholders.
- Champions the Lightspeed culture and finds ways to instill organizational values.
- Works closely with the Manager of HR Operations & Org. Development to develop the HR-related L&D strategy, annual planning and delivery of L&D initiatives across the organization.
- Assists the Managers and HRBPs with the creation of employee development plans.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field
- 1-2 years work experience in a related field
- Experience with learning and development, coordination, and employee relations
- Adept at handling sensitive documents and situations, with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong people skills and ability to collaborate with other teams
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing environment
- Team player with the drive to work autonomously
- A solid understanding of written and spoken French
- Fully Bilingual in English and French
- A background in Human resources
- Basic technical skills
- Experience with the G Suite
And when you are not coordinating?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Brand new office in a castle, one of the best development centres in Montreal
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Birthday treats every month - 400 people in Montreal, that’s a lot of cakes!
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family
- Work with highly skilled people