Lightspeed is seeking a customer service-oriented individual to provide full-time on-site services and technical assistance for our Point of Sale products. This position is for an experienced tech-savvy user with a strong background in customer service. The ideal candidate has exemplary verbal and written German and English communication skills, is willing to provide on-site service at our key customers and is proficient in Mac OS & iOS, computer hardware, and networking.
This is a position that will require you to be flexible with the hours and able to travel. In this role you will play a key role in representing Lightspeed in Germany, leveraging the social nature of the industry to help promote the product and grow our customer base by the exceptional service being delivered. Since the customers to be supported are located in the southern Part of Germany, you are ideally based in Southern Germany as well.
What you'll be responsible for
- Provide excellent technical & customer service and support for our key Lightspeed Restaurant customers on-site, via phone and/or email;
- Provide excellent expertise and workflow advises for our key Lightspeed Restaurant customers;
- Plan and organize training sessions with ownership, management, and/or staff;
- Maintain a list of supported accounts in Germany;
- Guide customers through their setup, implementations and integrations;
- Utilize consistent troubleshooting techniques to quickly and efficiently identify the source of customer issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution(s);
- Install/troubleshoot networking devices including routers and wireless access points;
- Troubleshoot unknown networking or configuration issues as they arise;
- Document and track customer installation and other on-site services;
- Document and track customer network details and schematics;
- Document and track customer issues and resolutions;
- Communicate with our development team regarding current and ongoing customer and product issues;
- Work with Product, Development, and Support teams to constantly improve our products and knowledge;
- Representing Lightspeed; as company ambassadors for all new and existing customers.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Excellent communication skills in German and good English (written and verbal);
- 2 or more years of customer service experience in a technical support role;
- Proven software and hardware troubleshooting skills;
- Flexibility to travel to customers in Germany;
- Strong understanding of networking concepts;
- Working knowledge of Mac OS and iOS;
- Strong attention to detail with an emphasis on customer service;
- A passion for new technology;
- Proven troubleshooting skills, especially when dealing with new or complex issues;
- Highly organized, self-motivated and self-educated.
What’s in it for you?
- A company car with gas voucher - also for private use;
- You can expect exciting and diversified tasks as well as a wide range of possibilities in an experienced and international team;
- We support you in your personal development and offer you the necessary space through a dynamic environment and flexible working hours;
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work;
- Exposure to modern and proven technology;
- Tons of growth opportunities;
- Amazing benefits & perks (such as Language classes, breakfast, company car), including equity for all Lightspeeders;
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company;
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!