Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is looking for a full-time Human Resources Business Partner to support our growing organization for a 12-month temporary position. You will be a key member of a mighty HR team providing generalist support in multiple key areas for our customer support team. As an HRBP (Support), you will be the main contact for all people-related projects for your client group and will partner with HR colleagues and key stakeholders and leaders to deliver an HR service in line with the needs and priorities of our growing Support team.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You have a strong passion for people coupled with a love of process and a can-do attitude. You are well versed in the unique challenges that come with a fast-growing organization and are ready to roll up your sleeves to keep your client group satisfied. If you are a rocking HR professional and you know it, we’d love to hear from you!
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions use Lightspeed’s point-of-sale and eCommerce platforms for inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed is backed by Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), and Investissement Québec (IQ). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to leadership and play a critical role in enhancing their leadership effectiveness within your client group
- Partner closely with the Talent Scout in Support to interview candidates considered for roles within your respective division
- Implement and ensure appropriate use of HR systems within department
- Provide on-boarding services, answer new hire questions and ensure that all HR-related paperwork is completed and filed; manage off-boarding process
- Be first line of contact in Human Resources for any employee relations’ issues.
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders on employee related initiatives with your communication, coaching and influencing skills, and offer thought-leadership in areas such as Career development, Performance review process, Employee engagement surveys, Compensation management, etc
- Provide tracking on status of employees and collaborate with Legal and Global Mobility to manage immigration/work permit applications as needed
- Take on any additional special projects as required by the client group or HR team
- 3 - 5 years in a HR specialist or generalist function within a software technology company
- Degree in HR or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Adept at handling sensitive documents and situations, with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Canadian labour regulations
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong collaboration and change management skills
- Ability to thrive in rapidly-changing environment
- Team player with the drive to work autonomously
- Fully bilingual (French and English); excellent communication skills
- Experience in a high-growth company
- CHRP designation
- Understanding of/experience with US labour law
- Experience recruiting outside North America
- Global Mobility knowledge