You will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the HR function and ensuring our HR department is organized and operating efficiently to attract, hire, and retain a high performing workforce.
In the process, you will be exposed to the workings of a high-growth software company and have the opportunity to contribute to HR support tasks to gain industry experience.
The role offers a significant training and learning component for the intern to be able to complete the tasks. The intern will also have on-the-job support, such as training, mentoring and coaching.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions use Lightspeed’s point-of-sale and eCommerce platforms for inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed is backed by Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), and Investissement Québec (IQ). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Ability to use/learn a variety of programs, including (but not limited to): MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Sheets/Docs, BambooHR (HRIS), Greenhouse (ATS).
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in both English and Dutch.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Discretion and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
HR Administration and Programs:
- HR Administration: assist with drafting, formatting and revising documents, including job postings, forms and correspondence, business cards, and general coordination;
- Training & Development: assist with the professional development program planning and execution, working on the creation of competencies for job roles, creating training related material, collection of signatures and follow-ups on training sessions;
- Recruitment & Selection: assist the Recruitment Team with recruitment processes, reviewing and editing job descriptions, helping with screening candidates, and checking references;
- Onboarding and Orientation: assist the HR BPs with preparing for all Onboarding/Orientation sessions, responsible for the Lightspeed “swag”, reviewing the process in place and identifying improvement opportunities as well as supporting with onboarding follow-ups;
- HR Processes: assist with reviewing and updating policies and processes;
- HR Data & Reporting: assist with completing data entry; verifying the quality and consistency of data, compiling reports and producing summaries as needed;
- HR Projects: Assist with special HR projects as needed.