Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is looking for a full-time Human Resources Business Partner to support our growing Technology organization. You will be a key member of a mighty HR team providing generalist strategy and support in multiple key areas for our Development & Product Management teams in North-America. As the HRBP (Technology), you will be the main contact for all people-related projects and will partner with HR colleagues and key stakeholders and leaders to deliver an HR service in line with the needs and priorities of our growing teams.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You have a strong passion for people coupled with a love of process and a can-do attitude. You are well versed in the unique challenges that come with a fast-growing organization and are ready to roll up your sleeves to keep your client group satisfied. If you are a rocking HR professional and you know it, we’d love to hear from you!
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed’s recently completed $167 million financing round has us well positioned to become Canada’s next great technology story. We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Consult with Lightspeed’s leaders to create a comprehensive people plan in order to influence lasting change. Be a trusted advisor and coach to leadership and play a critical role in enhancing their leadership effectiveness within your client group.
- Help build organizational health by providing insightful data to guide decision making and proactive solutioning.
- Provide front-line HR support and advice on HR policies, procedures and benefits.
- Ensure appropriate use of HR systems within department.
- Provide on-boarding services, answer new hire questions and ensure that all HR-related paperwork is completed and filed.
- Be first line of contact in Human Resources for any employee relations’ issues.
- Manage off-boarding process, including carrying out exit interviews.
- Partner closely with the Recruitment Business Partner in Technology to interview candidates considered for roles within your respective divisions.
- Drive employee related initiatives with your communication, coaching and influencing skills, and offer thought-leadership in areas such as Career development, Performance review process, Employee engagement surveys, Compensation management, etc.
- Manage talent effectively to ensure we have the right people in the right roles. Help enable business leaders to cultivate an effective leadership pipeline.
- Take on any additional special projects as required by the client group or HR team.
- 5+ years in a HR Business Partner function within a software technology company
- Degree in HR or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Ability to lead complex HR projects from start to finish
- Experience with coaching and development, talent management, data analysis, and employee relations
- Adept at handling sensitive documents and situations, with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Canadian labour regulations
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong collaboration and change management skills
- Strong business acumen including negotiation abilities
- Ability to thrive in rapidly-changing environment
- Team player with the drive to work autonomously
- Experience in a high-growth company
- CHRP designation
- Understanding of/experience with US labour law