Are you ambitious? Do you want to be part of an international company with fast growth? Do you get excited about the opportunity to talk with entrepreneurs? Do you want to learn how to properly seal the deal? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for the best sales people to contribute and impact our success and that starts with you! As an intern for the Strategic accounts department, you will be joining an ambitious sales driven team based in Ghent. You will learn alongside fellow Lightspeeders who are trusted consultants for entrepreneurs in E-commerce, Hospitality and Retail by reviewing and reaching out to prospects and also help with the flow between the different Midmarket departments.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Helping out with campaigns: Follow up progress, processing deals and making presentations
- Prospecting and identifying new business to help expand the sales pipelines, primarily through telephone and email communication;
- Acquiring, processing and reformatting prospect data to generate valuable insights;
- Exploring and researching the industry to identify market trends;
- Developing product knowledge and expertise relevant to the industry;
- Representing Lightspeed at tradeshows and events;
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
- Other administrative work
You bring to the team:
- Your soon to be finished bachelor’s degree in marketing or business, or any related fields;
- full professional fluency in English and Dutch;
- passion for people and technology.
What is in it for you?
You'll be part of a rapidly growing, market-competitive company where communicating with potential clients to boost the business was never such fun. We stand strong with our mission to make businesses grow. At the end of your internship you will have acquired the following knowledge and skills:
- Product knowledge;
- Industry knowledge;
- B2B communication and sales;
- Working with data;
- Working with a CRM;
- Working in an international environment;
- How to be customer-facing and representative.
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- An international environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Work with highly skilled people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
- The ability to do the internship fully remote and still get all the guidance and support from our amazing teams.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!