IT Support Specialist
As a vital part of the IT Support team, you will be responsible to provide all employees with hardware and software they need to perform the best work of their lives, and help them with any technical support issue they may have.
Your work will have a direct impact on supporting all Lightspeed employees across our global offices and remote workers. Come and join our 24/7 follow-the-sun IT Support crew.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Provide and replace hardware equipment.
- Provide standard software access.
- Ensure desk / meeting room / new workspace or office setups.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve technical issues.
- Document, track and monitor issues through a service desk.
- Refer and propose help articles.
- Determine root cause of problems, identify and document workarounds or permanent fixes in the IT knowledge base.
- Keep the IT Asset inventory up to date.
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvements by taking initiatives.
- Assist in administration and maintenance of existing IT systems, and implementation of new IT technologies.
- Assist in administration and maintenance of AV, server and network systems as needed.
- Assist in software and SaaS licence management duties in order to ensure compliance and cost controls.
- Perform other duties or special projects, as required, in support of the departments’ goals.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Your customer's first mind-set.
- Your ability to listen with empathy.
- Confident, articulate and professional speaking abilities.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly, free from errors and tech jargon.
- Dependable teammate.
- Troubleshooting skills and excellent follow through.
- On the tech side: experience with Apple Mac, enterprise SaaS, IAM & MDM solutions.
- Knowledge of technical documentation a plus.
- Fluent English.
- Computer science training.
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience.
Who you are
- Helping others and delivering exceptional client service are in our DNA, we hope it is in yours as well!
- Being part of a team and contributing to the welfare of the team environment makes you happy.
- Getting the job done and well done satisfies you.
- You never forget the devil is in the detail.
What’s in it for you
- Small, dynamic and caring global team.
- Communication, collaboration, and initiative are praised.
- Autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work.
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeers.
- Opportunity to learn, expand your knowledge, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!