Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Junior Accountant. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the ideal candidate is self- motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, and is extremely attentive to detail. The working environment is dynamic, and daily tasks include a variety of accounting duties. If you’re interested in the opportunity to expand your skills by working with the Finance team of a growing technology company, this may be the position for you.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Bank reconciliations for all Lightspeed entities:
- Prepare daily bank reconciliations for multiple accounts
- Work with accountants in order to ensure adequate cash balances
- Reconcile payments received by various processors, and our internal systems and bank accounts
- Accounts receivable reconciliations:
- Reconcile monthly Accounts Receivable (AR) reports
- Monthly close procedures
- Ad hoc projects
What you'll bring to the team
- 1-2 years experience in a similar position
- DEC or B.Comm in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- CPA completed or in process
- Knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Adept at handling sensitive documents
- Fluency in English
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Knowledge of MacOS X
- Proficiency in any accounting system
- Fluency in French
What’s in it for you
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Be part of a team that’s making a huge impact on our quest to empower small and medium-sized businesses with some cool tech that’s critical to managing their business!
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
- This role provides the opportunity for you to develop financial acumen and build your interpersonal skills with teams across the globe - all at the same time!
- Beautifully renovated office space in a castle, one of the best development centers in Montreal (should COVID restrictions allow this in the future)
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!