Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the hunt for a full-time Lead Product Manager (eCommerce) to join our Amsterdam based Product Team.
Reporting to the Director, Product Management, the Lead Product Manager (eCommerce) is responsible for understanding market and customer needs, translating them into clear, actionable direction, and working hand in hand with development as the voice of the customer. This role requires technical and business knowledge to prioritize competing demands across a range of verticals and business environments. You will be a strong customer advocate, and have the technical chops to deliver compelling product vision, melding business acumen with go to market strategies.
Together with your team of Product Managers you will be responsible for the eCom product line, making sure that our software provides a seamless, exceptional experience across multiple channels, including mobile and Lightspeed Retail. You will become a market expert in the retail space, bringing to the table a passion for design, and the ability to glean insight from customers, and you will work with other Product Managers, Designers and Product Marketing across different product lines to provide a single, cohesive, winning solution.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Lead the Amsterdam Product Management and design teams, overseeing their projects and helping to make sure they meet their objectives
- Work hands-on with scrum teams for the delivery of objectives feeding into the larger product strategy
- Collaborate with the entire Product Management team, including Design, Product Marketing and Product Managers, to understand and communicate product direction and business requirements
- Collaborate with internal Go To Market teams, including Support, Customer Success and Sales Engineering for planning, prioritization, and launches
- Create and manage a detailed backlog of user stories and participate in Agile sprint planning
- Continuously prioritize incoming market and customer requests to plan the product releases most valuable to the market
- Be a key member of the Agile development process, including roadmap and release planning, launching the product, and product expertise
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical team members as a subject matter expert
- Act as an entrepreneur on your own product.
- Deep understanding of your product key KPI’s (NPS, Churn, Store Count)
- Able to report KPI’s across different levels
- Able to establish links between KPI’s and Roadmaps
- Understand the mechanics of effectively running SaaS business (ARPU, MRR)
- Support, coach and develop members of the Product Team
- Seen as a leader in your product
- Hands on mentality, while working closely with a team.
- Building the 3 year vision, 1 year roadmap and quarterly implementation
- 4+ years of product management experience in a SaaS environment
- Industry expertise in retail or eCommerce;
- Experience within an Agile/Scrum environment;
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Proven ability to make decisions, positively influence other team members, and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Strong organizational sensibility with a demonstrated ability to take ownership of reprioritization across multiple projects;
- Ability to influence alongside with strong presentation skills;
- Proven collaborator and excellent communicator;
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills, Dutch is a plus.
And when you’re not working on customers needs?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Flexible working hours - No punch in no punch out!
- Brand new office in the Amsterdam Canals;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly skilled people;
- A direct strategic influence on the future of retail!