Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the hunt for a full-time Lead Product Manager (Retail) to join our Montreal-based product team.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Lead Product Manager is responsible for understanding market and customer needs, and leading a team of product managers and designers to translate them into clear, actionable direction by working hand in hand with development. This role requires technical and business knowledge to prioritize competing demands across a range of verticals and business environments. You will be a strong customer advocate, with experience in leading teams, and have the technical chops to deliver compelling product vision, melding business acumen with go to market strategies.
Together, you and your team will be responsible for our flagship product, Lightspeed Retail, making sure that it provides a seamless, exceptional experience across multiple channels, including mobile associated add-ons. You will become a market expert in the retail space, bringing to the table a passion for design, and the ability to glean insight from customers, and you will work with other product managers, designers and product marketing across different product lines to provide a single, cohesive, winning solution.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Support, coach and develop members of the Product team
- Lead the Retail Product Management and Design teams, overseeing their projects and helping to make sure they meet their objectives
- Work hands-on with scrum teams for the delivery of objectives feeding into the larger product strategy
- Collaborate with the entire Product Management team, including Design, Product Marketing and Product Managers, to understand and communicate product direction and business requirements
- Collaborate with internal go-to-market teams, including Support, Customer Success and Sales Engineering for planning, prioritization, and launches
- Create and manage a detailed backlog of user stories and participate in agile sprint planning
- Continuously prioritize incoming market and customer requests to plan the product releases most valuable to the market
- Be a key member of the agile development process, including roadmap and release planning, launching the product, and product expertise
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical team members as a subject matter expert
- Act as an entrepreneur on your own product.
- Deep understanding of your product key KPIs (NPS, Churn, Store Count, Closed-Lost)
- Able to report KPIs across different levels
- Able to establish links between KPIs and roadmaps
- Understand the mechanics of effectively running SaaS business (ARPU, MRR)
- Seen as a leader in your domain
- Hands on mentality, while working closely with a team
- Building the 3 year vision, 1 year roadmap and quarterly implementation
- 5+ years of product management experience in a SaaS environment (with 2+ years in a senior role as a lead or leading a team)
- Industry expertise in retail and/or eCommerce
- Experience within an agile/scrum environment
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to make decisions, positively influence other team members, and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational sensibility with a demonstrated ability to take ownership of reprioritization across multiple projects
- Ability to influence alongside with strong presentation skills
- Proven collaborator and excellent communicator
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills, Dutch is a plus.
And when you’re not working on customers' needs?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Flexible working hours - No punch in no punch out!
- Work in a castle every day… seriously.;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly skilled people;
- A direct strategic influence on the future of retail!