Lightspeed is seeking a Legal Counsel or Senior Legal Counsel to serve as a key member of its M&A and Corporate legal team. This is your chance to advance your career in-house with a fast-growing tech company where your work will have direct and visible impact on the results.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Advise and manage a variety of M&A, corporate and similar transactions and provide advice on corporate governance and public disclosure obligations.
- Prepare and negotiate a wide variety of contractual arrangements.
- Provide support on complex, cross-functional projects and ad hoc analysis.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to stakeholders including the Board of Directors, Finance, Corporate Development, Sales, Marketing, Product and Technology, Human Resources, and Information Technology.
- Develop, draft, revise, administer, implement and interpret the company’s compliance policies, procedures and programs.
- Deliver support in satisfying ongoing compliance requirements.
- Provide oversight of corporate secretarial functions and processes, including assistance in the preparation of Board, investor and committee meetings and other governance processes.
- Assist with the integration of previously-acquired companies.
- Identify and track regulatory developments and best practices in the areas of compliance, securities law and corporate governance.
- Use judgement, make recommendations, and solve legal or business problems, sometimes within tight deadlines.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies and government authorities as required.
- Participate in the training of colleagues and stakeholder groups.
- Assist in managing outside counsel engagements.
- Work on ad hoc projects as assigned.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 2-3 years of M&A corporate transactional experience.
- Combination of law firm and in-house counsel experience.
- Experience of broad commercial and corporate transactional gained in a preferably international environment
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills in English.
- Superior analytical skills, sound judgment and good business sense.
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, terms and conditions.
- Strong knowledge of Commercial law, Contract law and Data Protection/Privacy law.
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Professional-level proficiency in French languages, including legal writing (or other languages such as Dutch or German).
- Experience working in an international environment, across different jurisdictions and languages.
- Canadian and U.S. capital markets experience is an asset.
- Experience working with cloud-based software and payments providers.
- Knowledge of and experience with GDPR, CCPA and other cybersecurity matters.
- Knowledge of and experience with IP, Fiscal (e.g., MEV), and Corporate law.
Who you are
- You are self-motivated and possess strong organizational skills.
- You are an analytical thinker and a pragmatic problem solver.
- You are detail-oriented, autonomous, and able to take initiative.
- You can handle a high volume of assignments.
- You are motivated by new experiences and delivering a high level of service to your stakeholders.
- You demonstrate a high standard of professional ethics and integrity.
- You want to exchange ideas effectively and be a good teammate - we work as a team!
- You are curious, willing to improve and are eager to tackle all problems.
What’s in it for you
- This is your chance to play a key role in continuing to build out the legal function for one of Montreal’s and Canada’s most exciting companies.
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders and a dynamic environment
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
- Supportive colleagues, strong culture of collaboration cross-functionally, cool tech law problems to solve on a daily basis.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!