Are you creative? Are you a pro with online and offline materials? Do you think this page is looking horrible? If so, we want to hear from you!
Lightspeed is looking for a Marketing Design Intern to join our Amsterdam-based Marketing team. You will be responsible for supporting the marketing department through a variety of channels: Web, Digital, Print, and other(s) as assigned.
You will be reporting to the Marketing Designer and will assist doing design, review on design approach, gathering assets, design research — and (of course) contributing to the current work of the team.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
As a Marketing Design Intern you will:
- Report to Marketing Designer for design reviews, gathering assets and design research.
- Deliver versatile design materials for both web and print that evokes our message and culture.
- Work closely together with all kinds of departments inside the company to produce quality internally and externally.
- Innovate to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
- Join bi-weekly meetings to discuss the creative direction of marketing/advertising goals.
As a Marketing Design Intern you need to:
- Be advanced proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign. Sketch is a plus.
- Understand and have interests in the world of Technology.
- Have a passion for design and care deeply about quality.
- Be able to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames.
- Be organized, independent, detail oriented and a good team player.
- Be able to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a sense of typography and attention to details.
- Have a high sense of urgency.
- Be a 3rd or 4th year student within Graphic Design / Multimedia Design.
- Be Fluent/native Dutch and English.
It is even better, if you also have:
- Retail, Restaurant or eCom experience;
- Experience with Salesforce.com;
This is what we offer:
- A monthly internship compensation based on 40 hours per week;
- Free training sessions;
- Free snacks and drinks;
- Work hard play hard culture
- Great teams and awesome colleagues!
Now your turn:
- Please take your design portfolio with you when we invite you for an interview.
- Be part of a rapidly growing, market-competitive company where representing a software company and being part of a Marketing Design Team was never such fun and challenge. We do the best work of our lives. And you?