Reporting to the Team Lead, Training (Global) and collaborating with the partnerships team, the Partner Onboarding & Training Specialist EMEA is responsible for the onboarding and training of new and existing reseller partners. Their goal is to deliver fully capable and certified resellers so that our partners can go out there and sell our solutions to end-customers. While they are doing that, the Trainer will assist in the first few sales opportunities to ensure our sales standards are met.
The Trainer designs and delivers polished, easy to follow learning resources on Lightspeed’s company and suite of software. This person helps to manage the certification program. He or she adapts learning materials for a variety of environments, media and audiences. This may include conference presentations, group workshops, online testing, one-on-one skills development, and more. On occasion, it will be required to travel within the EU.
The Trainer also collaborates with the partnership department head and partner managers to determine the primary goals and measures for each partner, and either expands on existing materials or creates new learning systems to satisfy a rapidly expanding Lightspeed market.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed’s recently completed $167 million financing round has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Guide new partners through their onboarding journey
- Help to manage the partner certification program
- Design modular learning curricula for new and existing Lightspeed partners
- Upskill existing partners to keep the knowledge-base up
- Create and deliver presentations and interactive training exercises
- Design online distance learning materials
- Create, administer, and analyze knowledge assessments
- Create and deliver one-on-one and group training for continuing development
- Manage other partner training projects as required (e.g., yearly Summit)
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- 3+ years of experience developing and delivering corporate learning systems
- Fluency in Dutch, English & French, both spoken and written
- BSc. in Sales, Communications, Public Relations, or Education
- Extensive experience with one-on-one and classroom training
- Experience both using and creating online learning tools
- Ability to explain complicated procedures in a clear, understandable manner
- Proven ability to use technology to create learning resources across a range of media and for a variety of audiences
- Strong level of autonomy with the ability to drive projects with limited guidance
- Skilled at collaborating on projects across departments and time zones
- Highly adaptable with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Technology/software sales experience
- Experience with OS X and iOS operating systems
- Knowledge of retail, hospitality, ecommerce and accounting practices
- Master’s Degree in Sales, Communications, Public Relations, or Education