Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Payment Reconciliation Analyst to join our Payments Operations/ Finance team. As a reconciliation analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing and reconciling account information for LightSpeed, as well as overseeing and verifying that all charges in debit, credit, cash, or other payment methods are reconciled on a regular basis. We're looking for a smart, detail-oriented, enthusiastic person with a passion for problem-solving, dashboard creation, and report building. The successful candidate will be a quick learner with superior Excel skills, outstanding analytical skills, and a keen eye for creating efficiencies in a fast-paced environment.
Through its suite of products, Lightspeed processes billions in transaction volume. You will work on multiple web portals and platforms to perform reconciliation on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. With a general sense of curiosity, you will work to find anomalies in data, third-party reporting, and internal systems.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed’s recently completed $167 million financing round has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Perform processor and bank reconciliation, ensuring accurate data is consumed by internal systems and provide regular status updates.
- Assess reconciliation policies and procedures and recommend improvements.
- Review current processes and work with various stakeholders to introduce automation where necessary to reduce manual work in reconciliation management and when payments systems change.
- Conduct account analysis, identifying and reporting trends, risks, and discrepancies and support overall profitability analysis of the payments product.
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly account level reconciliation reports and produce a consolidated reconciliation status report for all sub-merchants.
- Work closely with key individuals throughout the global organization to develop reconciliation processes and reports for new businesses.
- Reviews implemented changes to appropriate data systems to assess potential impacts to the reconciliation process. Assists with the development of new or ad-hoc reconciliation procedures and templates.
- Performs root cause analysis and participates in discussions with payment system support staff to identify causes of out-of-reconciliation conditions external to company systems.
- Participates in discussions with others on the team while navigating the engagement model between the reconciliation team and other support groups to monitor and track progress within the issue resolution process.
- Proven aptitude and desire to learn new, complex concepts and systems
- Strong working knowledge of Excel a must.
- A general sense of curiosity to explore and understand the movement of money.
- Knowledge and experience of financial reconciliation, preferably within the financial industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, accounting, finance, economics, data science or other analytical disciplines
- Strong organization, communication, and team-oriented skills;
- Good conceptual thinking with proven analytic, problem-solving and effective reporting skills;
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- A positive, energetic, can-do attitude.