Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Payment Risk Analyst to join our Payments Operations team. You will play an integral role in the preliminary risk assessment process. We're looking for a smart, detail-oriented, enthusiastic person with a passion for problem-solving, dashboard creation, and report building.The successful candidate will be a quick learner with superior Excel skills, outstanding analytical skills, and a keen eye for creating efficiencies in a fast-paced environment.
Through its suite of products, Lightspeed processes billions in transaction volume. You will work on Compliance, Underwriting, and Transaction Review (Risk) functions and initially examine sub-merchant applications for legal compliance requirements and adherence to individual company guidelines. You will have a knack of finding anomalies in data and profiles and help mitigate both transactional and merchant level fraud
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed’s recently completed $167 million financing round has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Help develop and update risk management policies, guidelines, standards and processes.
- Communicate and advise risk metrics and concerns to managers to ensure effective and adequate next steps are taken
- Identify, assess and report on transactional and settlement anomalies in accordance with internal and external policies and regulations.
- Understand sub-merchant profile and help identify high-risk merchants
- Identify and classify the risks then propose risk mitigation or remediation.
- Analyze the risks associated with the different possible scenarios and propose a solution to the operational problem that offers the right balance between potential losses and the cost of the solution.
- Able to provide risk updates, metrics and overall assessment in the form of dashboards to senior leadership
- Promptly act on operational urgencies namely, transactional losses or sub-merchant risks.
- Navigate through various web-service tools to come to a final conclusion in an efficient manner.
- Perform daily Card and ACH transaction monitoring using various tools
- Analyze data to identify trends/anomalies in customer behavior
- Further Investigate suspicious activity and take necessary action to avoid transaction and chargeback losses.
- Conduct risk assessment and decisioning of applications in the underwriting queue within assigned businesses, in line with acceptable risks as defined within the payment operation policies
- As directed, help design and implement procedures for escalating suspect fraud cases including creating mechanisms by which risk-appropriate adjustments can be incorporated within the fraud management process to reduce potential losses.
- Identify and approve good payment business opportunities to help grow margin while rejecting/declining deals that are assessed to be outside of Lightspeed’s risk appetite for Payments.
- Maintain good relationships with various team including responding to questions and concerns that may be urgent in nature.
- Contribute to operational improvements to streamline procedures/processes and enhance service.
- On a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, develop and communicate standard reporting package of applications reviewed and decisioned by underwriting as a means of providing intelligence to the executives, sales, marketing and support teams, and other stakeholders;
- Protect the interests of Lightspeed by ensuring the application is being adjudicated in accordance with assigned discretionary limits and established guidelines.
- Escalate with recommendation those applications that exceed discretionary limits and established guidelines.
- Strong credit and risk acumen - Subject Matter Expert with knowledge of risk and underwriting analysis.
- Strong knowledge of various sanction lists and compliance policy
- Advanced knowledge of products, end to end processes and systems.
- Experience in the decision making of complex sub-merchant applications.
- Proven aptitude and desire to learn new, complex concepts and systems
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and SQL a must.
- Ability to make clear, diligent decisions based on multiple data points and risk factors
- Knowledge of Card Scheme rules and regulations
- 2-5 years at a FinTech, Lending or within the Banking industry an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, accounting, finance, economics, data science or other analytical disciplines
- Previous credit or risk underwriting experience and/or experience in payment processing, community banking, and financial services technology a major plus
- Ability to document Underwriting and Risk policies in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Strong organization, communication, and team-oriented skills;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across risk, sales and client groups and execute on priorities, influence change, and deliver results;
- Good conceptual thinking with proven analytic, problem-solving and effective reporting skills;
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- A positive, energetic, can-do attitude.