As Product Designer you will oversee and take responsibility for the successful delivery of a range of design projects at Lightspeed: user interface, user experience design, as well as internal development projects, innovation proposals and related special project activities.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with more senior-level team members on design initiatives including sketching, wire-framing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and internal reviews to improve your work;
- working closely with the team to improve existing products and features from both a user and visual perspective;
- collaborating with internal disciplines like engineers, product managers, researchers, and front-end developers to explore, build and ship your designs. You will help these other disciplines understand what the value design can bring to a project to ultimately build and ship the best product;
- ensuring your personal development is on track by finding opportunities to improve as a designer and team member while seeking out support from people across the company.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- You have some experience designing both for user experiences and user interfaces;
- junior or intermediate understanding of user experience and interaction design for native mobile and web applications;
- a deep desire to learn more about the iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centred design solutions;
- proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Miro, etc. and an ambition to learn to work with Design systems at a high level;
- a knowledge of recent design trends and an eagerness to learn, improve, and evolve with the design industry as it progresses.
A little bit about you:
- You love the idea of being part of a global team with an open, inclusive, and creative environment;
- you have a solid portfolio that tells a great story and gives insight into the decisions you’ve made during your design process;
- you want to practice user-centric design and are laser-focused on improving the user experience with existing and new functionality;
- you are passionate about solving problems while balancing the user interface and user experience design on a project;
- you are passionate about collaborating with and learning from other designers and team members and understand that this is an integral part of your role.
A hint of what’s in it for you:
- Great benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders;
- exposure to modern and proven technology;
- lots of opportunity to learn, a rewarding work culture, and the flexibility to work remotely;
- opportunities to learn, expand your skill-set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!