Lightspeed is a dynamic, innovative and fast-paced global technology company. We’re helping to shape the future at Lightspeed by building an unparalleled People & Culture team. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Talent Operations, Systems & Insights, you will get the opportunity to manage cross-functional projects that impact different points in the employee lifecycle. Projects will span the gamut from talent programs and policies, to M&A action plans, to building out our knowledge base and more. The ideal candidate possesses the desire to work on a variety of projects simultaneously, is obsessed with details, and is a great communicator.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Lead the planning and implementation of company wide P&C projects, programs and initiatives derived from our Talent Strategy and FY22 OKRs; for example:
- Engagement Surveys
- Performance Reviews
- Compensation Cycles
- Learning Campaigns
- Policy Changes (Vacation, Remote work, Covid, etc.)
- Collaborate with P&C leadership to define, prioritize and develop projects, and to drive cross-functional alignment on goals and issue resolution.
- Coordinate with the sub-functions of P&C on building project plans, communication strategies, and setting schedules, key milestones and deadlines;
- Ensure alignment across other departments on cross-functional projects; ensuring we’ve gathered appropriate requirements and maintain strong stakeholder relationships and expectations;
- Lead and implement change management initiatives, drive adoption and proficiency of changes within organization and different stakeholder groups.
- Tackle key components of P&C’s M&A project work from due diligence to integration; documenting all steps and keeping stakeholders updated.
- Develop and deliver project recommendations to Sr. Director and other senior members of the P&C leadership team.
- Contribute to the P&C knowledge base and information provided to employees as well as P&C team members.
- Conduct project reviews and retrospectives to improve for future projects.
- Optimize and improve processes and the overall approach where necessary.
- Own progress and monitoring of P&C goals including end to end Project management of these goals/OKRs.
- Be an advocate for the global People & Culture team across multiple functions: Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Learning & Development, Total Rewards, Talent Ops, HR Systems, HR Insights, Global Mobility, etc.
- Manage other ad-hoc requests as required by management to support the P&C department.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Proven experience in HR project, program management, HR Generalist role or the equivalent
- Comfort with systems and tools (Project management software, Intranet, Gsuite)
- Ability to work in a high accountability, high pressure and fast paced environment where quick decision making and change agility skills are an everyday occurrence
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship-building skills
- A strong focus on process improvement and scalable operations
- Stellar time management and organization skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Ability to manage multiple mandates under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Recognized knack for problem-solving
- People management skills (an asset)
Even better if you have, but not necessary (optional)
- Experience with HR Systems implementations
- Experience with M&A, due diligence and/or integrations
- PMP Certification
- Certification from International Scrum Institute
What’s in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work.
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders.
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!