Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Risk Analyst to join our Payments Operations team. You will play an integral role in the risk monitoring process and assist with combating Fraud. We're looking for a sharp, detail-oriented, enthusiastic person with a passion for problem-solving and investigations. The successful candidate will be a quick learner with superior Excel skills, outstanding analytical skills, and a keen eye for creating efficiencies in a fast-paced environment.
Through its suite of products, Lightspeed processes billions in transaction volume. You will work closely with the chargeback team and be responsible for managing transaction review (Risk) functions. You will have a knack of finding anomalies in data and profiles and help mitigate both transactional and merchant level fraud.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Help develop and update risk management policies, guidelines, standards and processes.
- Communicate and advise risk metrics and concerns to managers to ensure effective and adequate next steps are taken.
- Identify, assess and report on transactional and settlement anomalies in accordance with internal and external policies and regulations.
- Understand sub-merchant profile and help identify high-risk merchants
- Identify and classify the risks then propose risk mitigation or remediation.
- Analyze the risks associated with the different possible scenarios and propose a solution to the operational problem that offers the right balance between potential losses and the cost of the solution.
- Promptly act on operational urgencies namely, transactional losses or sub-merchant risks.
- Navigate through various web-service tools to come to a final conclusion in an efficient manner.
- As directed, help design and implement procedures for escalating suspect fraud cases including creating mechanisms by which risk-appropriate adjustments can be incorporated within the fraud management process to reduce potential losses.
- Contribute to operational improvements to streamline procedures/processes and enhance service.
- Communicating with sub-merchants to complete investigations
- Identify & remediate merchant credit risks
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Proven aptitude and desire to learn new, complex concepts and systems
- Strong working knowledge of Excel a must.
- Ability to make clear, diligent decisions based on multiple data points and risk factors
- Knowledge of Card Scheme rules and regulations
- 2-5 years at a FinTech, Lending or within the Banking industry an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, accounting, finance, economics, data science or other analytical disciplines
- Experience and working knowledge of SQL including ability to write and understand complex queries an asset
- Previous credit or risk underwriting experience and/or experience in payment processing, community banking, and financial services technology a major plus
- Ability to document Underwriting and Risk policies in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of credit card industry Fraud trends and best practises for prevention
- Strong organization, communication, and team-oriented skills;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across risk, sales and client groups and execute on priorities, influence change, and deliver results;
- Good conceptual thinking with proven analytic, problem-solving and effective reporting skills;
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- A positive, energetic, can-do attitude.
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Impact on a growing global payments team
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!