As an experienced Sr. Cloud Architect, reporting directly to the VP of Cloud Platform and Quality, part of our global cloud platform, tools & operation team, you'll be supporting Lightspeed's growing development teams with your forward-looking vision on multi-regional infrastructures and network, design patterns, best practices and tools needed to run our products in a reliable, efficient, cost-effective and secure manner.
You will also act as a reference and a mentor by advising and advocating for DevOps principles and best practices to the platform team and the rest of the company.
We operate in a multi-cloud environment and are a company making acquisitions to help support our growth and so this also poses interesting challenges to undertake!
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Perform architectural analysis on existing architecture, pipeline, processes, etc…, share experience and provide recommendations and action plans to improve them. You will be responsible for the follow-up on actions plan.
- Assist with infrastructure and tooling hardening to meet business and compliance requirements Designing and architecting operational solutions with the specific goal of increasing the standardization, automation, repeatability, cost-efficiency and consistency of operational tasks
- Act as a key resource for our global network, multi-location / multi-region initiatives (GDPR compliance). Propose innovative solutions in line with the company objectives. Help the platform team to adapt the current offering to the new architecture. Engage with cloud vendors and user license providers to optimize cost, while contributing to budget estimates.
- Work closely with the Cloud Service Manager to optimize cloud hosting cost and user licenses usage. Define a strategy to monitor cost and publishing cost reports. Educate and provide recommendations to Business Units on how to get the best ROI and ensure best practices are followed.
- Develop a good documentation repository with best practices of the industry and manage the knowledge transfer to the team. Act as a leader and advocate for ‘infrastructure as Code’, while providing guidance in implementation.
- Collaborate with other architects in the company to the Architecture Guild. Collaborate with other SRE in the company on everything Infrastructure.
- Providing timely assistance and remediation solutions during critical situations and production incidents to help resolve service problems (You can be part of an on-call rotation)
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Extensive experience in high-availability IT architecture, including proven track record of implementing cloud-based architectures.
- Expertise and proven experience with cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in designing and documenting bulletproof resilient architectures in a multi-location/multi-region context
- Strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Linux Systems and databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- Strong experience with monitoring, logging and alerting tools (New Relic, logz.io, PMM, etc…)
- Good understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices, software engineering tools, processes, methods, and testing
What you could bring to the team as a plus
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or Google Cloud Engineer Certification a plus - Other cloud-related certifications are also a plus
- Expertise in cloud security
This role is for you if you are
- A leader able to influence others in the right direction
- A natural complex problem solver
- A mentor, teacher and educator who can inspire peers
- Someone with impeccable communication skills
- Someone who leads by example
- Some who can deal with ambiguity, high pressure and evolving challenges
- A life-long learner and great listener
- Someone who genuinely loves technology
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!