We are looking for an iOS Engineer to join a team that is revolutionizing how retailers and customers interact. We are at the forefront of point of sale (POS System) technology, continuing to develop and distribute our iPad app, which packages a cash register, business reporting tools and superior customer service into one compact and robust product.
For more than a century, clunky boxes called cash registers have taken up valuable counter space at bars, restaurants and coffee shops, and have served as a costly impediment to small business ownership. They are notorious for their lack of reliability, their shady supply chain and their DMV-like customer service.
This market is ripe for disruption, and we continue to remain ahead of the game (that’s where you come in). We are changing the way local businesses leverage technology. Our cloud-based system allows merchants to work offline, create in-depth sales and inventory analysis, and chuck the register for a visually pleasing, easy-to-use interface. Even better, our product is much less cash intensive for small businesses.
Our iPad Register is a complex iOS application that relies on HTTP networking, data persistence and a highly customized user interface to deliver a responsive, stable and intuitive point of sale product.
As an iOS engineer you are expected to enhance, maintain, and improve the level of quality of this application.
- Build new features and fix bugs
- Participate in the design conversations to improve our architecture
- Contribute to the architecture of our mobile and backend apps
- Engage in considerate, but robust, PR reviews
- Identify areas of tech debt and make proposals for addressing it
- Work with Test Engineering to ensure we are continually shipping the most resilient POS on the market
How We Work
- We expect our Software Engineers to be passionate about working in teams, building features to improve the experience of our existing customers, in a collaborative way.
- You’ll be working in a cross functional, autonomous team, where you will regularly collaborate with our DevOps and Security teams when required.
- We practice Scrum and work lean.
- Work is not siloed, you’re able to commit across the stack, and you have a view of all the features the teams are working on.
- We use data to drive continuous improvement in our development process and we review this data in our fortnightly retrospectives.
- If you have development experience on a product focused team, real passion for new technologies, open source, small businesses, and a desire to grow and learn, then we might be the right team for you.
What you will Need
- Object Oriented design knowledge
- At least 3 years of Engineering experience with at least 1 years experience of iOS application development in a professional environment.
- Experience working with Objective-C or Swift in a production environment
- Experience with unit testing with iOS
- Experience with Agile development practices and test-driven development
- A good sense of what looks good / feels good to consumers, or how you would like to order your coffee in a perfect world
- iOS apps in the App Store
- Experience working with mobile CI tools
- Lively and enriching Engineering culture
- Ability to work remotely
- Regularly scheduled hackathons, meetups and Tech Talks
- Opportunity to attend Engineering Conferences, thanks to our generous company conference budget
- Author Newsletters published to Engineering teams
- Cross-office collaboration between our global teams
- Regular team events, including [virtual] Happy Hours and Game Nights
We like CVs, but links to your Github profile, your personal projects, your Twitter, your blog, your open source contributions, and so forth will give us a better idea of who you are.
Lightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on grounds of religious belief or political opinion. Furthermore, we don't discriminate based on gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, nationality, or any other individual characteristics. We practice equality of opportunity in employment and select the best person for the job.
To demonstrate our commitment to equality of opportunity in employment we need to monitor the community background of our applicants and employees, as required by the Fair Employment and Treatment (NI) Order 1998. You are not obliged to answer the questions on this form and you will not suffer any penalty if you choose not to do so. Any information that you provide will remain confidential and will only be used for monitoring and reporting purposes.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!