Lightspeed is on the hunt for a full-time iOS Developer to join our team. As key members of our Retail POS iOS Development team, iOS developers are responsible for the design and implementation of Lightspeed's award-winning Retail POS iOS application. See it yourself by searching “Lightspeed Retail POS” on the App Store!
What we need from you
- Implementing proof of concept, prototypes and fully-tested production-grade software
- Design and lead technical initiatives to keep our apps up-to-date on the latest technology
- Mentor other developers inside the team
- Design and implement stunning user interfaces
- Assisting QA and Support staff in troubleshooting software issues as well as implementing bug fixes
- Translating agile requirements into conceptual and detailed designs
- Providing estimates for development effort
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 6+ years experience developing and shipping production-grade software in Swift or Objective-C for iOS or macOS
- Proven track record developing enticing user interfaces
- Understanding of object oriented design, functional programming and refactoring
- Knowledge of the different app architectures used to develop mobile apps
- Knowledge of the Cocoa framework
- Knowledge of Swift language
- Knowledge of Apple UI conventions
- Experience integrating with REST web services
- Excellent spoken and written English
Even better, but not necessary
- Demonstrated experience using unit tests and automated UI tests.
- Experience with Objective-C
- Experience with Core Data
- Experience with Reactive Programming
- A keen interest in visual and interaction design for mobile platforms
- A keen interest in API design
- Knowledge of Core Animation
- Fluency in French
What’s in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!