Lightspeed is looking for a Senior Manager of Marketing, to develop and head our lead generation strategies through online and offline marketing campaigns for the UK and EMEA. Reporting to the Director of Marketing EMEA, you will be driving the growth of our top of the funnel through organic channels, working on brand and partnership campaigns, strong TOFU lead generation strategy, and overall conversion optimization.
The ideal candidate is data driven and technical on one side, and on another, exhibits strong strategic thinking, experience in crafting world-class marketing campaigns for retail and/or hospitality businesses and has the energy and drive to own projects from ideation to execution.
Do we match?
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Hospitality and Retail Campaigns and Marketing programmes - UK
- Own and expand all (new and existing) lead acquisition and revenue targets for the Hospitality and Retail industries in the UK
- Partner up with the Hospitality and Retail Product, Product Marketing and Marketing teams to evaluate, develop, oversee and create the annual and quarterly marketing roadmaps, campaigns and projects to drive pipeline and revenue for business, and grow brand and product awareness
- Work closely with the company’s UK Sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
- Measure, evaluate and iterate campaigns based on their performance. Oversee optimization and measurement of customer acquisition, cross-sell initiatives, and remarketing in order to deliver incremental sales, and enable consumer loyalty
- Define, shape and oversee all aspects of the marketing plan according to the overall marketing strategy
- Work closely and manage the local Content Specialist, review and approve content for the website and other assets in order to grow organic traffic and improve conversions
- Measure, evaluate and iterate campaigns based on their performance
- Work with the Director of Marketing to ensure that the campaigns respect the top line roadmap by product
- Work with the Director of Marketing to set and own the marketing budget for the UK and EMEA events and partnerships
- Market Penetration and Brand Partnerships
- Put in place market penetration strategies for the Hospitality and Retail industries in the UK market
- Establish a go-to market plan for product launches in the UK and for partnerships in EMEA
- Work closely with product owners, PMMs and marketing teams to plan and launch new products and features in the UK
- Work with the UK Growth Acquisition Specialist to set acquisition targets and channels split
- Work with the Customer Growth Manager to develop UK marketing campaigns that drive cross-selling, reduce churn and achieve revenue growth targets
- Work with the local PR agency and global Communication team to identify the key UK customers and stories to do PR around the company
- Promote new partnerships and leverage our vast network of resellers and integrations to raise awareness and drive acquisition via co-marketing initiatives
- Physical and digital Events - EMEA
- Manage and execute customer, partner, and internally-oriented events.
- Oversee and manage all event related presence and budget: establish contact with organizers, collaborating with head of Marketing, brand strategy, for activation design, event project owner, developing project timeline, schedules, tasks assignments, etc.
- Establish and monitor marketing and events budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Identify relevant events opportunities, trade shows in line with the overall marketing and communications strategic plan, make recommendations on adequate presence and budget the various components
- Lead, inspire and manage a team of event specialists
- Lead, inspire and coach a team of four composed of:
- Two Event Specialists - EMEA
- One Partner Marketing Specialist - EMEA
- One Content Specialist - UK
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 6+ years of marketing experience developing and leading marketing roadmaps, campaigns and projects from customer insight to ideation and execution.
- A strategic and analytical leader with a customer-centric focus and ownership mentality to deliver on business objectives and high-growth targets.
- Strong mastery for identifying marketing opportunities for new customer acquisition and for growing an existing customer base.
- Excellent collaborator with experience working with Product, Marketing and Sales leaders of various seniority.
- Experience organising physical and digital events for large audiences with the objective of generating leads and being able to measure and improve the success of these initiatives.
- Proven ability to leverage and nurture partnerships with external partners.
- Strong project management and communication skills to lead and influence multiple stakeholders to meet project objectives and deadlines.
- Superior analytical skills with proven data tools experience including Excel, Looker, etc.
- Experience managing a cross-functional team (at least two years) in a matrix environment.
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience in product marketing, growth marketing or brand management
- Experience working with a globally dispersed team
- History of leading event planning for B2B
- An ability to lead and inspire as well as get hands-on
- The discipline to keep track of ongoing, parallel projects and goals
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!