Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is looking for a full-time Senior Performance Test Engineer to join our Montreal team. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for work with the development teams to help build highly resilient and scalable systems and mentor other members of the team with completing performance testing. They will work both independently and as part of teams to identify and remediate performance issues within the Lightspeed products, services, and underlying infrastructure. Using in-house and 3rd party tools to monitor and troubleshoot production systems. Write code, provide best practices, establish benchmarks and metrics, and advocate for prioritization of performance-related activities.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: Your love for performance testing is matched with your strong technical background. You are well versed with the unusual changes that come with evaluating and communicating Agile software quality. You love finding/resolving performance issues and you are game with collaborating with a distributed development team to build products that solve real-world problems. You believe that quality is a mindset, not a job description, and know how to work within an agile team to mentor the team and raise the bar.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Work with development teams that are building our software to generate workloads and tools to understand and characterize system performance and scalability
- Work with the development, testing, and support teams to find and analyze performance bottlenecks and initiate discussions about improvements in architecture and underlying code
- Own development of automated performance test framework
- Develop, maintain and execute automated performance test cases
- Monitor/analyze/catalog the results and ensure that our product hits defined target goals for performance
- Analyze test results, debug problems, and perform root cause analysis where possible.
- Provide suggestions for code and/or infrastructure improvements where appropriate, and coordinate with team members as required
- Contribute to the ongoing efforts to refine and improve the company's test methodologies, software development processes, and internal testing tools
- Be an advocate for quality throughout the development process
- Train, coach, and mentor other members of the team on performance test tools, techniques, etc
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software quality assurance
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience with test scripting/automation and also performance testing methodologies
- Experience with Cloud provider platforms like Google Cloud, AWS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail
- Experience with testing large scale database systems
- Experience with Java/python/bash
- Experience with event-based systems (Kafka, pub/sub, SQS, …)
- Organized and reliable, able to efficiently run multiple tasks
- Great attitude and work ethics
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with security testing tools
- Experience with PCI compliance systems
- Working knowledge of retail terminology and concepts
- Understanding of agile development processes and practices
- Knowledge of Lightspeed or other POS products
And when you’re not programming?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Flexible working hours - No punch in no punch out!
- Brand new office in a castle, one of the best development centres in Montreal
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Birthday treats every month - 375 people in Montreal, that’s a lot of cakes!
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family
- Work with highly skilled people
- A direct strategic influence on the future of retail!