Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re currently looking for a talented and passionate team-player to join the Lightspeed family as a Senior Product Designer and be a part of our Golf product group in Canada to support our future initiatives. You will contribute to initiatives that will expand our reach within the golf market while enhancing our cloud based management software.
The type of projects you might run are design projects (research, interaction design, user experience design and service design) as well as internal development projects, innovation proposals and related special project activities.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will :
- Lead the creative side of projects and support the product development team with creative input, meetings, presentations and proposal writings.
- Conduct user requirement analysis, task analysis, conceptual modelling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Provide feedback to your peers to help strengthen our team, helping your teammates to build contextual, strong decision-making skills, and empathy for our users.
- Encourage high-quality work without sacrificing speed.
- Work closely with our global product design team designing for cross-product, cross- platform foundational features, leveraging and incorporating the domain expertise of team members focused on specific merchant workflows and actions.
- Work closely with product management stakeholders, you will reach a shared vision to identify and define new features, collaborating with our UX researchers.
What you need to bring:
Our mission is your mission: empower customers by creating tools for the commerce ecosystem that break down barriers to success, allowing them to focus on their business – not their business tools.
Our Golf software offers a competitive advantage in an industry where pen and paper is still a thing. A strong integration with our POS and Restaurant systems make it a de-facto choice for golf clubs who want a cloud- based centralized management software for their facility.
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer who has experience with the following:
- Designing for both user experiences and user interfaces.
- A deep desire to learn more about the iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, wire framing, prototyping and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human- centered design solutions.
- The ability to design and share ideas with clarity and passion and to give and receive feedback with open-mindedness.
- Experience designing for consumer facing or business facing products across multiple platforms.
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Miro etc and an ambition to learn to work with Design systems at a high level.
Nice to have, but not necessary
- You are passionate about solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design)
- You practice user-centered design and are laser-focused on improving the user experience with existing, and new functionality, suggesting innovations while remaining deadline-driven
- You love the idea of being part of a global team and an open, inclusive and creative environment.
- A portfolio demonstrating creativity and world class quality work.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of full remote work.
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday.
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- Development of high traffic products, used at the global scale.
- Exposure to modern and proven technology.
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set.
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
…. And enjoy a range of benefits that ‘ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry.
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners).
- Unlimited paid time off policy.
- Health insurance.
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year.
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents.
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services.
- Volunteer day
Our office is closed in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and when we do choose to reopen, it will be done following government guidelines ensuring the safety of all our staff.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!