As Senior Designer you will oversee and take responsibility for the successful delivery of a range of design projects at Lightspeed: research, interaction design, user experience design and service design as well as internal development projects, innovation proposals and related special project activities.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Owning projects from start to finish, leading UX initiatives including running design sprints to define and explore merchant problems, content mapping, sketching, wire-framing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews to improve the customer experience;
- overseeing user research and testing - from interviews to surveys to card sorting to unmoderated tests - we give you all the tools and autonomy you need to do the job well;
- providing feedback to your peers to help strengthen your team, helping your teammates to build contextual, strong decision-making skills, and empathy for our users. You will encourage high-quality work without sacrificing speed;
- working closely with our global product design team designing for cross-product, cross-platform foundational features, leveraging and incorporating the domain expertise of team members focused on specific merchant workflows and actions;
- working closely with product management stakeholders, you will reach a shared vision to identify and define new features, collaborating with our UX researchers;
- collaborating with internal disciplines like engineers, product managers, researchers, and front-end developers to explore, build and ship your designs. You will help these other disciplines understand what the value design can bring to a project to ultimately build and ship the best product.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- You have experience designing, documenting, and releasing user-centric products;
- expert-level understanding of user experience and interaction design for native mobile and web applications;
- a deep understanding of the end-to-end, iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centred design solutions;
- proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Miro, etc. and have experience with Design systems.
A little bit about you:
- You love the idea of being part of a global team with an open, inclusive, and creative environment;
- you have a strong portfolio that tells a great story and gives insight into the decisions you’ve made during your product creation process;
- you practice user-centric design and are laser-focused on improving the user experience with existing and new functionality;
- you are passionate about solving problems while balancing all facets of the user experience (strategy, research, UI and UX design);
- You have a deep desire to own your work from start to finish, working diligently to improve every facet of the product, while understanding the benefits of collaboration and compromise
A hint of what’s in it for you:
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders;
- exposure to modern and proven technology;
- lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and the flexibility to work remotely;
- opportunities to learn, expand your skill-set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!