Lightspeed is seeking a results-oriented Senior Product Marketing Manager to help accelerate the launch and lifecycle management of our restaurant product line. The key objective of this position is to improve how we take our products to market: establish positioning and messaging; conducting market analysis; and develop tools and documents in order to ensure a fast, consistent, accurate and impactful go-to-market strategy.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- You will become an expert of the restaurant industry and understand the technology landscape that helps restaurateur’s be successful
- You’ll lead the execution of market research and glean nuanced market insights that will help inform our roadmaps and hone our messaging and pricing
- Recommend current and future market positioning opportunities, including new functionality, offerings, improvements and/or business models
- You’ll learn the competitive landscape and products inside-out so that you can effectively position our products in the market as well as arm customer-facing teams with that knowledge
- You’ll be the go-to person for messaging around our products and value proposition
- Partner with Marketing, Product Management, Design & Customer Success teams to deliver your strategy, influence product roadmaps and advocate for experiences that drive growth and customer satisfaction
- Develop and own results for the 1-year GTM strategy as well as individual feature and product rollouts from start to finish
- Lead and develop the long-term strategy, priorities and organization that will meet the brand and product marketing needs of our global business
- Maintain a deep understanding of our customer and user personas to translate insights into strategies that help support and drive our roadmap
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop strategies and action plans on product and brand marketing initiatives
- 5+ years working in a product marketing or equivalent role
- Knowledge of strategic planning, business analysis, marketing principles, research and analysis with strong leadership and project management skills
- Highly organized, analytical and a motivated self-starter that thrives in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal, written and speakign at events
- Ability to build and maintain close working relationships and act as liaison with cross-functional and external stakeholders
- Superior computer skills, especially MS Office, Excel (pivot tables), Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to act as a positive, motivating leader who can inspire others to rise to new challenges
- Experience is the restaurant industry in any capacity is a strong asset
And the rest?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Flexible working hours - No punch in no punch out!
- Brand new office in a castle, one of the best development centres in Montreal
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Birthday treats every month - 375 people in Montreal, that’s a lot of cakes!
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family
- Work with highly skilled people
- A direct strategic influence on the future of retail!