As a Site Reliability Expert (SRE) part of our information systems platform & operation team, you'll be supporting Lightspeed's growing development teams with the infrastructure and tools needed to run our enterprise systems in a reliable, efficient and secure manner by implementing, advising and advocating the well-known DevOps principles.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Initiating and contributing to the continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices in a multi-location, multidisciplinary team to empower and accelerate product development
- Using automation extensively to design, configure, manage, test, and monitor systems in support of our development teams
- Contributing to the development of CI/CD pipeline that adheres to performance and security standards defined by the organization, emphasizing cloud platform integration and self-service workflows
- Assisting with infrastructure and tooling hardening to meet business and compliance requirements
- Designing and architecting operational solutions with the specific goal of increasing the standardization, automation, repeatability, cost-efficiency and consistency of operational tasks
- Working with developers and other SRE's to design and build scalable, reliable and cost-efficient Cloud infrastructure
- Writing and maintaining architectural, stakeholder, policy and processes documentation
- Adhering to and advocating for best practices, including Infrastructure as Code, monitoring, high availability, disaster recovery, security, and DevOps methodologies
- Collaborating with development teams and using intuition, experience, and understanding to create SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs
- Providing timely assistance and remediation solutions during critical situations and production incidents to help resolve service problems
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 3 + years hands-on experience in infrastructure engineering, SRE, DevOps within the context of enterprise systems (ERP, CRM, SaaS)
- Experience delivering scalable CI/CD solutions to organizations with tools like CircleCI, GitHub Actions or Jenkins pipelines
- Experience developing, deploying and operating services running in a cloud environment (e.g., AWS, Azure, G-Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Good understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices, software engineering tools, processes, methods, and testing
- Strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Linux Systems and databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- Strong experience with monitoring and alerting tools (New Relic, PMM, Logz.io, ...)
- Salesforce, Netsuite and Mulesoft devops experience are an asset.
What's in It for You?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work.
- Exposure to modern and proven technology.
- Tons of growth opportunities.
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders.
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!