As a Backend Software Developer you will be supporting Lightspeed's Hospitality product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our advanced hospitality commerce platform.
With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization we strive to transform our customers into power users through an intuitive, efficient and cohesive user experience.
We are looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded Backend engineer to join our team and help build services that thousands of customers use every single day to manage their restaurants. You will join a healthy and collaborative team, continuously improving our engineering practices, delivering state of the art technology, all while keeping it fun.
Above all, your work will change the way the world experiences hospitality!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Work alongside some of the most brilliant minds in the industry, you will contribute to omnichannel product by building new features and creative workflows.
- Report to the Team Lead of Development and have frequent interactions with Product Managers, Product Designers as well as Platform Teams.
- Take part in daily agile ceremonies, brainstorm on innovative ideas that challenge the status quo and implement solutions
- Act as an advocate for highest code quality and ownership, while contributing to the health of the infrastructure
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Excellent communication skills
- Expert in the Java ecosystem:
- Spring boot or equivalent
- Mockito, Junit, Spock
- Hibernate or other ORM
- Running Java container in the cloud
- CI/CD one of (Jenkins, Travis, Teamcity, CircleCi or others)
- Experience building micros-services
- Solid foundation of knowledge in computer science
- Able to analyse production problems, incidents and performance issues.
- Experience with both relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience in multiple Java ecosystem frameworks to build Microservices.
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS, as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka, etc.)
- Computer Sciences degree or equivalent
Who you are
- You are a team-player who likes to contribute to discussions and share your own experience.
- You are self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- You are always seeking improvement and progress.
- You are eager to make decisions and not afraid of making mistakes.
What is in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!