IS Team Lead
As a Team Lead Developer, part of Lightspeed’s unique Information Systems team, your role will be central to the evolution of our next generation of information systems. Our teams are working towards developing optimized, automated and easy to use environments to improve operational efficiency and excellence.
In this role you will be responsible for leading a development team with a variety of focuses such as Salesforce & Mulesoft. We’re looking for someone who enjoys making both people and businesses grow through their coaching and technical skills. A natural leader and inspiring mentor.
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Working alongside some of the most brilliant minds in the industry, you will lead and coach cross-functional an agile team that contribute to building Lightspeed’s information systems
- Lead a full-stack squad of approximately 10 developers through coaching and mentorship
- Working closely with Product Management to allocate resources to projects and act as a gatekeeper for the team, while ensuring successful project delivery
- Maintain high standards of software building quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Collaborate with the Development Manager to bring the team to its highest potential
- Take part in daily agile ceremonies and share new ideas based on your knowledge and experience
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Experience leading a team or a squad working on a software product, ideally information systems
- Extensive experience developing reliable and highly available software
- Experience mentoring or coaching team members on a technical standpoint
- Experience designing, architecting and delivering internal tools and business processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to inspire and lead by example
Even better, but not necessary
- Experience with Salesforce, Mulesoft and/or Netsuite
- Having worked in a fast-growing environment with mergers and acquisitions
- Interest in growing into middle management. I.e. Development Manager.
*Not sure if you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
What’s in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Innovation time to explore and learn at work
- Shaping the company by joining cultural & technical committees
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!