As a Support Specialist at Lightspeed, you will provide full-time technical assistance for our Point of Sale software for Restaurants. You will be part of our Hospitality Support team designed for customers needing assistance with the software. Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be in contact with our customers (restaurants, cafes, bars, hotels) via phone, email and chat to provide a memorable customer experience. This position can be fully remote (Canada).
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing excellent technical support and customer service to our customers
- Use consistent troubleshooting techniques to quickly identify the source of customer issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution
- Properly document and track customer issues and resolutions
- Follow escalation procedures as required
- Liaise with team leaders to best handle day to day situations to create better customer experiences
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 1-2 years of customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French
- Ability to handle multiple tasks: incoming telephone calls, emails, chats
- Effective telephone communication skills, with the ability to conveying a customer-focused attitude
- Proven troubleshooting skills and mindset
- Fast learner who is capable of self learning in a constantly changing environment
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience or knowledge of the Hospitality industry
- Computer hardware and networking experience or interest
- Working knowledge of Mac OS X and iOS
- Technical problem solving experience or interest
What’s in it for you:
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or customer oriented roles
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!