As part of Lightspeed’s Golf product group, you will contribute to initiatives that will expand our reach within the golf market while enhancing our cloud-based golf management platform.
We’re looking for an individual to lead and own the quality assurance function in our Golf group. You would be responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality, by conducting manual testing, while championing existing automated testing practices and bringing your own touch.
You would work in collaboration with multiple squads, which responsibilities range from creating new features to satisfy customers up to architecture and application stability.
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
What you’ll be responsible for OR What we need from you:
- Play a key role in the efforts of keeping the quality of the software to the highest standards.
- Conducting manual testing while augmenting test automation practices for the Golf group.
- Take part in daily agile ceremonies, brainstorm on innovative ideas that challenge the status quo and implement solutions
- Work along product managers, developers, quality specialists and designers.
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Strong experience in manual quality testing
- Experience with development of automated test scripts in Python, JAVA/C(++,#) or JS/TS
- Experience with developing Automation Test frameworks for Back End and FE applications, or for load/stress testing infrastructures
- Experience working on Unix-based systems
- Working experience with at least one of the following version control systems: SVN, GIT, Mercurial, and/or Bazaar
- Professional experience with Bash, Docker, MySQL
- Working Hands-on experience with at least one of the following Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, Buddy, Bamboo, and/or CircleCI
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent knowledge
- Experience with security testing tools
- Experience with testing complex database systems
- Hands-on experience with scalability, performance, and load testing of cloud-based systems.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and tools (Google Cloud, AWS, Dockers, and Kubernetes).
- Hands-on experience with JS modules and frameworks such as React, Angular and testing frameworks such as Mocha, Jest, Storybook or Enzyme
Who you are
- We look for problem solvers that do not shy away from tackling complexity and love critical thinkers who raise the bar and elevate their teammates to new heights.
- You are highly analytical with great problem-solving skills.
- You have a natural curiosity and high attention to detail.
- You are self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision.
What's in It for You?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!