Lightspeed is seeking a full time Vendor Services Manager to join the Professional Services team, based in Ghent. This position is for an experienced tech-savvy user with a strong background in customer service. The ideal candidate has exemplary verbal and written French and English communication skills, is willing to provide on-site service at our key vendors and is proficient in Mac OS & iOS, computer hardware, and networking.
The Vendor Services Manager will focus on building and growing relationships with our professional services vendors who work with both our SMB and Mid-Market customers. This person will be responsible for the full vendor lifecycle: vetting, training, and success.
About the Professional Services Team
The Professional Services team is responsible for Lightspeed’s Pro customers: from pre-sale to post-sale, the team ensures these customers feel confident in their investment in Lightspeed. Composed of top-performing members from our sales, support, and customer success teams, the Professional Services team is in charge of implementing and supporting customers throughout their Lightspeed journey.
Join our elite team and work with our largest and most complex customers at the highest level of support.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Coordinate and manage the certification and technical training of new sourced vendors.
- Provide sufficient Training material as well as keep the training up to date
- Work with the Partnerships team to ensure the relationships with vendors are in excellent standing.
- Build and foster partnerships with certain vendors to facilitate growth amongst the Professional Services team.
- Act as a liaison between Lightspeed and the vendor for development needs.
- Open up communication and build process with vendors to deliver a more synergetic solution to our customers
- Coordination within internal departments in regards to various vendors requirements.
- Ability to clearly project, manage and communicate Lightspeed/Customers expectations to Vendors.
- Be the main point of contact between Lightspeed and Vendors regarding support questions.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 3+ years experience in a technical role that puts you in direct contact with customers
- Understanding of / experience with Lightspeed products and their APIs
- Experience in cloud based SaaS business environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Eloquent presentation skills
- Deep project management experience
- Amazing organizational, time management, and multitasking abilities
- Experience delivering projects that span cross-organization, including go-to-market (sales, support, marketing, etc.)
- Strong technical troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work in fast paced Agile development environment
- Results oriented & able to contribute in team environment
- Team player with the ability to influence positive outcomes
- Passion for technology
- Positive, can-do attitude
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience in the point of sale (Retail, Hospitality) or golf software industries
- Worked for a partner currently integrated with Lightspeed products
- Has a background of working in this type of role in a different industry
- German or Dutch language skills
Who you are
- Proven ability to work and navigate multiple people in complex situations
- Have strong communication, presentation and collaboration skills
- Have amazing negotiating skills, but always keep in mind the need of our customers, and the partner
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!