Lightspeed is looking for a Voice & Data Engineer to join our rapidly scaling team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing support and maintenance of the existing Telephony and Contact Center solutions as well as the transition to Genesys Cloud platform from newly acquired companies. The candidate should be able to design and implement Genesys Cloud environment configuration, implementation, and deployment to production. The candidate will be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving the customer and employee experience. Furthermore the candidate will provide key coaching and support for fellow junior IT staff, helping them grow into potential Voice & Data Engineers
- Using agile methodologies, partner with product managers and product owners to understand business needs, gather requirements, and develop solutions to deliver the desired customer experience.
- Work with technical teams and business leaders to design, develop, and maintain IVRs, call flows & reports.
- Assist in implementation of Outbound dialing / SMS campaigns, Workforce Management, Omni-Channel routing, Speech & Customer Journey Analytics, and Advanced Reporting.
- Manage phone numbers (DIDs) and maintain carrier relations while being mindful of telecom regulations.
- Supporting and maintaining high-security environments (PCI, GDPR, etc.).
- Support and maintain existing Telephony and Contact Center solutions, and demonstrate complex problem-solving skills with a sense of urgency when dealing with ticket resolution.
- Provide technical guidance, plan and execute migration from acquired platforms to Lightspeeds Telephony & Contact Center platforms.
- Support the evaluation and implementation of new enterprise technologies as Lightspeed scales.
- Provide day-to-day support to Lightspeed employees; address technical questions, troubleshoot issues with vendors, and provide coaching on Lightspeeds IT systems.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in information technology, ITIL/ITSM, and/or technical operations, preferably at a high growth start-up
- 2+ years experience with Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud) or equivalent, hands on experience in implementing Cloud solutions
- Strong experience with Cloud enablement of contact center solutions
- Experience architecting and designing complex queuing/routing, call flows, conversational flows for a complete customer journey
- Experience in implementing capabilities including but not limited to: softphone, analytics, call recording, workforce management
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Connect, Outreach, Fuze, Vonage (formerly NewVoiceMedia), Aircall
- Experience integrating Genesys Cloud with Salesforce, Zendesk, OneLogin, BetterCloud, Cisco CUBE
- Experience with Windows Server, Linux & OpenStack.
- Experience with VoIPmonitor, HOMER & PRTG
- Understanding of networking concepts such as VOIP, SIP, RTP & QoS
- Experience with PCI, SOX, SOC1, SOC2 Compliance and GDPR/CCPA
- Demonstrated high-level of detail orientation and organisational skills
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented; comfortable leading cross-functional projects
- A customer-centric approach to end-user support; able to explain technical concepts clearly to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders across an organisation
- Passion for identifying and mitigating potential data and system security threats through creative problem-solving
- Systems-thinker motivated by solving complex problems and building scalable processes
- Excellent English written & verbal communication skills
What's in It for You?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work.
- Exposure to modern and proven technology.
- Tons of growth opportunities.
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders.
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!